Center For Excellence
Centres of Excellence provide students with state-of-the-art learning environments to offer an unmatched experience.
This Centre create synergies, promote trans-disciplinary dialogue and leverage expertise and networks to engage studenst and other stakeholders across and beyond campus to.
These centres focuses on research, educational programs and resources, and fostering the development and dissemination of new research methodologies, curricula and teaching pedagogy throughout its extensive local, national and international networks.
Centre for Entrepreneurship and Family Business focus on to train, mentor and entrepreneurial skill among students, first-generation entrepreneurs and family business owners in the region. The Centre also actively engages with local entrepreneurs and start-ups to help them establish and scale their business in the region. CEFB organises nationwide online business plan competition named as Neo Business Plan competition which attracted around 100 applications from premium institute of India like IITs and IIMs.
Currently three incubates – Eduroomz, BDesi, and StarkPower are supported by centre for Entrepreneurship and family business (CEFB)
INNOVATION AND INCUBATION CENTRE (IIC)
With the objective to promote an entrepreneurship culture in the institute and in the nearby region to produce entrepreneurs in order to generate wealth & self-employment, the Innovation and Incubation Centre (IIC) was established in the institute in 2018 under the aegis of Centre of Entrepreneurship and family business. (CEFB).
IIC offers a whole bouquet of incubation facilities and services to budding entrepreneurs and to convert their innovative ideas into commercially viable products. IIC incubates ventures in technology, fintec, education and other interdisciplinary areas. IIC organise regular events like entrepreneurial talk series, workshops and seminars to develop entrepreneurial ecosystem in the nearby area.
- To develop entrepreneurial culture, by providing platform for the students, alumni, and faculty, to transform their business ideas to reality.
- To provide a conducive environment to the incubatees to nurture their business ideas.
- To develop an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region by collaboration with private and public sector funding sources, government agencies, industrial associations, chambers of commerce and industries
Stark Power which is social for-profit venture started by our alumni Sama Mehndi is developing a portable smart self-sustainable toilet which can be installed at crowded places and will generate power generation using urine and solar.
EDUROOMZ started by Jaipuria student Akshay, Eduroomz is an aggregator for classrooms available within city limits and can be booked on hourly basis by coaching institutes.
Bdesi founded by Anurag is a platform for artisans and designers which is helping them to directly
connect with buyers. The platform will use Augmented Reality for virtual trial rooms.
Sudhanshu Rastogi : Angel Investor, MD(SARC)
Rohit Swaroop : Chairman ( www.irfindia.org ), Founder, Director , Xplora Design Skool
Prof. Satyajit Majumdar : Professor, Center for Social Entrepreneurship, School of Management and Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
Kiron Chopra – Chairman and Managing Director – Chopra Retec Rubber Products Limited
Centre for Learning technologies was founded under Centre of Teaching and Learning on 26th March, 2018. Earlier, the centre was named Centre for Learning, Innovation and Case Development. On March 26, 2018, it got bifurcated into two sub centres – Learning Technologies and Case Development & Pedagogy.
Statement of Purpose
The statement of purpose of the centre is as follows:
- To promote the usage of ICT in the classroom to facilitate active student learning.
- To promote the learning technologies like Flipped Classroom inside the classes to enhance the effectiveness of the teaching learning process.
- To help the faculty members with the resources and support, to create online resources for various courses including Flipped Videos, MOOC courses etc.
Activities Conducted Under The Centre
Based on the statement of purpose, the centre is instrumental in following activities:
- Flipped Videos – To enhance the effectiveness of the teaching learning process, the centre shoots flipped videos of different faculty members in various subjects. The same is used in the classroom to facilitate active learning process. Till date, the centre has developed 35 flipped videos. Some of these videos have been used in the class as a Flipped classroom. The list of the flipped videos is given below:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Professor||Topic||Duration (In Minutes)|
|1||Prof. Himanshu||Retailing||06:43 mins|
|2||Prof. Pallavi||Social Media In Training and Development||04:58 mins|
|3||Prof. Pallavi||Recruitment Communication||14:38 mins|
|4||Prof. Kajal||Negotiation Skills||16:16 mins|
|5||Prof. Swati||Poor Listening Habits||11:53 mins|
|6||Prof. Shyam ji||Micro-Finance||05:20 mins|
|7||Prof. Reena||Accounting Fundamentals||08:00 mins|
|8||Prof. Reena||Financial Statement of Business Organisation||15:16 mins|
|9||Prof. Parihar||Visual Merchandising Part 1||08:02 mins|
|10||Prof. Parihar||Visual Merchandising Part 2||13:20 mins|
|11||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 1||07:58 mins|
|12||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 2||07.02 mins|
|13||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 3||4.14 mins|
|14||Prof. Vijay||Business Buying Decision Process||06:20 mins|
|15||Prof. Vijay||Business Markting||04:52 mins|
|16||Prof. Athar||Social Security||07:35 mins|
|17||Prof. Athar||Factories Act 1948||05:08 mins|
|18||Prof. Athar||Management Game||07:42 mins|
|19||Prof. Kajal||Interview Skills Part 1||08:19 mins|
|20||Prof. Kajal||Interview Skills Part 2||09:55 mins|
|21||Prof. Hemendra||Retirement planning Part 1||24:16 mins|
|22||Prof. Hemendra||Retirement planning Part 2||12:19 mins|
|23||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 1||04:56 mins|
|24||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 2||11:37 mins|
|25||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 3||07:50 mins|
|26||Prof. Deepak||Excel||09:22 mins|
|27||Prof.Pallavi||Employer Branding||12:57 mins|
|28||Prof. Richa||Hypothesis Testing Part 1||01:49 mins|
|29||Prof. Richa||Hypothesis Testing Part 2||01:54 mins|
|30||Prof. Richa||Regression Analysis||02:04 mins|
|31||Prof. Anupam||Life Cycle Ownership and Break Even Analysis||06:13 mins|
|32||Prof. Anupam||Managing Capacity & Demand||05:12 mins|
|33||Prof. Vijay||Business Buying Decision Process||Under Edit|
|34||Prof. Ratna||Strategy||Under Edit|
|35||Prof. Ratna||Strategy||Under Edit|
- MOOC Course – The centre has developed a MOOC Course in the area of Marketing named ‘Fundamentals of Marketing’ by Prof. Vijay Prakash Anand. It contains 18 videos of around two hour duration. The details of the MOOC course is as follows:
|Sl No||Name of the Professor||Topic||Duration (In Minutes)|
|1||Prof. Vijay||What is Marketing||08:06 mins|
|2||Prof. Vijay||Difference Between Marketing And Selling||03:08 mins|
|3||Prof. Vijay||Marketing Mix – 4Ps of Marketing||08:26 mins|
|4||Prof. Vijay||Marketing Mix – 7Ps of Marketing||04:47 mins|
|5||Prof. Vijay||Consumer Behaviour||3:54 mins|
|6||Prof. Vijay||Meaning and Importance of Marketing Research||03:54 mins|
|7||Prof. Vijay||SWOT Analysis||03:57 mins|
|8||Prof. Vijay||Ansoff Matrix||05:57 mins|
|9||Prof. Vijay||BCG Matrix||07:58 mins|
|10||Prof. Vijay||Business Marketing||05:15 mins|
|11||Prof. Vijay||Brand||05:11 mins|
|12||Prof. Vijay||Product Life Cycle||04:18 mins|
|13||Prof. Vijay||What Is A Price||03:09 mins|
|14||Prof. Vijay||Place||03:07 mins|
|15||Prof. Vijay||Need For Marketing Channel||02:56 mins|
|16||Prof. Vijay||Promotion||05:10 mins|
|17||Prof. Vijay||Advertising||06:26 mins|
|18||Prof. Vijay||Digital Marketing||06:47 mins|
- Workshops – The Centre for Teaching and Learning has conducted two Workshops for the faculty members to enhance their knowledge of flipped classrooms and MOOC Courses. The same is also helping them conduct flipped classroom exercise for their courses.
- Workshop on ‘How to conduct Flipped Classes’ – This workshop was organized on 5th July, 2018 by Prof Vijay Prakash Anand. This workshop was conducted to help faculty members prepare for the recording and conduct of the flipped classroom.
- Workshop on ‘MOOCs and Flipped Classes’ – This full day workshop was organized on 22nd Sept., 2018 by Prof. T. V. Prabhakar, Prof. K. T. Revathy and Prof. Neeraj Misra from IIT Kanpur.
- YouTube Live – The centre also conduct YouTube Live session for the students, alumni and professionals. Prof. Vijay Prakash Anand went Live on the topic ‘Marketing in the Digital Era’ on 22nd Aug., 2019 between 3.15pm to 4.00pm on the link: https://youtu.be/ZapBtWpsRkw.
- YouTube Channel – The centre also encourages faculty members to have their own YouTube Channel for thought leadership. Prof Vijay Prakash Anand’s YouTube Channel ‘Marketing By Vijay’ is fairly popular among students and professionals and currently has 2.60 Million Views with 58,424 plus subscribers base.
- MOOC Course on Udemy – The centre also encourages faculty members to have their MOOC courses on public platforms like Udemy. Faculties from Jaipuria has courses on Udemy in the area of Marketing named ‘Fundamentals of Marketing’ and ‘Marketing Management Masterclass’. Both these courses have more than 9,500 enrolments from all across the world.
State of the Art Video and Post Production Studio
Currently the centre has developed a state of the art Video Studio with all the necessary camera, lights and audio equipment. The centre also has a post-production set up to edit the videos in-house.
The centre employs a dedicated Video Studio In-charge – Mr Jayant Mehra, who looks after the shooting and post production under the guidance of the chair Dr. Vijay Prakash Anand.