Dr. Tarun Agarwal
: Ph.D, MBA, FCMA, PGD FM, PGD HR & IR, CDMP (USA)
Location: Jaipuria Indore
- Financial Literacy
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
Dr. Tarun Agarwal is Faculty for Marketing at Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indore
He has more than 25 years of rich industry experience in banking & financial services space with leading banks in India. In the past, he has worked in the areas of Product Development, Marketing & Innovations, Business Development, Corporate Strategic Planning, Microfinance, Financial Literacy, Payments, Operations, Channel Development & Management, SME, Human Resources, Leadership and Technology
Dr. Tarun is Ph.D in Management (With special emphasis on Microfinance, Financial Inclusion, Payments & Literacy). He also has to his credit MBA in Finance, Certified Cost and Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Digital Money practitioner (USA), Post Graduate degree in Human Resources and Industrial Relations and Post Graduate degree in Financial Management with specialization in Project Management.
Strong believer of “Passion Works Wonders”. He is a creative mind, people’s person, articulate in thoughts and a contended human being with a huge smile.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- ‘India Inclusive Business Leader’ award winner from International Finance Corporation (IFC), The World Bank Group three times in a row for his contributions in the space of Digital Inclusion and for bringing about a change in the lives of millions of people in the community.
- ‘Stallion’ award winner at one of his industry stints while building a start-up successfully.
- ‘Human Resources Champion – Talent Acquisition, Motivation & Management’ – CEO award winner at one of his industry stints.
- Jury Incubation Cell at IIM, Indore, Tagore University, Bhopal & Banasthali University, Jaipur
- Guest Speaker at IIM Ahmedabad, Symbiosis Institute of Management (Pune) and NIAM (Hyderabad & Jaipur)
- Managing an Old Age Home
- PhD: Research work title: Developing a “Measurement & Process Model” for achieving Financial Inclusion in India (with emphasis on Financial Literacy and Information Communication Technology)
- Presented Paper titled “Financial Literacy towards a National Strategy on achieving Financial Inclusion” in the International Seminar - Better Policies for Better Lives, organised by OECD, Malaysia.
- Paper Published: “An Analysis of the Twin Pillars of Banking in India: Financial Literacy & Financial Inclusion” in WEALTH, USA – International Journal of Money, Banking and Finance. Volume 5, Issue 1, January – June 2016, ISSN 2277 - 9388 (UGC approved)
- Paper Published: “Enhancing Outreach of Microfinance: Role of Technology”: in The Microfinance Review, Volume III (2) July – December 2011 by EPW Research Foundation and reprinted in Bankers Institute of Rural Development, Lucknow, India
- Paper Published: “Models for Achieving Financial Inclusion in India” in the Microfinance World (The Financial Express), April – June, 2009
- Paper Published: “Transforming Rural India – Role of ICT” - in the Microfinance World (The Financial Express), July – September, 2008
- Mentoring & Consulting more than 5 Start-ups in the Innovative Technology, Payments & Inclusion space
- Sales, Marketing & Corporate Re-engineering – an NBFC in the Microfinance & SME space