Centre for Learning technologies was founded under Centre of Teaching and Learning on 26th March, 2018. Earlier, the centre was named Centre for Learning, Innovation and Case Development. On March 26, 2018, it got bifurcated into two sub centres – Learning Technologies and Case Development & Pedagogy.
Statement of Purpose
The statement of purpose of the centre is as follows:
- To promote the usage of ICT in the classroom to facilitate active student learning.
- To promote the learning technologies like Flipped Classroom inside the classes to enhance the effectiveness of the teaching learning process.
- To help the faculty members with the resources and support, to create online resources for various courses including Flipped Videos, MOOC courses etc.
Activities Conducted Under The Centre
Based on the statement of purpose, the centre is instrumental in following activities:
- Flipped Videos – To enhance the effectiveness of the teaching learning process, the centre shoots flipped videos of different faculty members in various subjects. The same is used in the classroom to facilitate active learning process. Till date, the centre has developed 35 flipped videos. Some of these videos have been used in the class as a Flipped classroom. The list of the flipped videos is given below:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Professor||Topic||Duration (In Minutes)|
|1||Prof. Himanshu||Retailing||06:43 mins|
|2||Prof. Pallavi||Social Media In Training and Development||04:58 mins|
|3||Prof. Pallavi||Recruitment Communication||14:38 mins|
|4||Prof. Kajal||Negotiation Skills||16:16 mins|
|5||Prof. Swati||Poor Listening Habits||11:53 mins|
|6||Prof. Shyam ji||Micro-Finance||05:20 mins|
|7||Prof. Reena||Accounting Fundamentals||08:00 mins|
|8||Prof. Reena||Financial Statement of Business Organisation||15:16 mins|
|9||Prof. Parihar||Visual Merchandising Part 1||08:02 mins|
|10||Prof. Parihar||Visual Merchandising Part 2||13:20 mins|
|11||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 1||07:58 mins|
|12||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 2||07.02 mins|
|13||Prof. Rashmi||Understanding Profit & Loss Statement Part 3||4.14 mins|
|14||Prof. Vijay||Business Buying Decision Process||06:20 mins|
|15||Prof. Vijay||Business Markting||04:52 mins|
|16||Prof. Athar||Social Security||07:35 mins|
|17||Prof. Athar||Factories Act 1948||05:08 mins|
|18||Prof. Athar||Management Game||07:42 mins|
|19||Prof. Kajal||Interview Skills Part 1||08:19 mins|
|20||Prof. Kajal||Interview Skills Part 2||09:55 mins|
|21||Prof. Hemendra||Retirement planning Part 1||24:16 mins|
|22||Prof. Hemendra||Retirement planning Part 2||12:19 mins|
|23||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 1||04:56 mins|
|24||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 2||11:37 mins|
|25||Prof. Swati||Business E-Mail Writing Etiquettes Part 3||07:50 mins|
|26||Prof. Deepak||Excel||09:22 mins|
|27||Prof.Pallavi||Employer Branding||12:57 mins|
|28||Prof. Richa||Hypothesis Testing Part 1||01:49 mins|
|29||Prof. Richa||Hypothesis Testing Part 2||01:54 mins|
|30||Prof. Richa||Regression Analysis||02:04 mins|
|31||Prof. Anupam||Life Cycle Ownership and Break Even Analysis||06:13 mins|
|32||Prof. Anupam||Managing Capacity & Demand||05:12 mins|
|33||Prof. Vijay||Business Buying Decision Process||Under Edit|
|34||Prof. Ratna||Strategy||Under Edit|
|35||Prof. Ratna||Strategy||Under Edit|
- MOOC Course – The centre has developed a MOOC Course in the area of Marketing named ‘Fundamentals of Marketing’ by Prof. Vijay Prakash Anand. It contains 18 videos of around two hour duration. The details of the MOOC course is as follows:
|Sl No||Name of the Professor||Topic||Duration (In Minutes)|
|1||Prof. Vijay||What is Marketing||08:06 mins|
|2||Prof. Vijay||Difference Between Marketing And Selling||03:08 mins|
|3||Prof. Vijay||Marketing Mix – 4Ps of Marketing||08:26 mins|
|4||Prof. Vijay||Marketing Mix – 7Ps of Marketing||04:47 mins|
|5||Prof. Vijay||Consumer Behaviour||3:54 mins|
|6||Prof. Vijay||Meaning and Importance of Marketing Research||03:54 mins|
|7||Prof. Vijay||SWOT Analysis||03:57 mins|
|8||Prof. Vijay||Ansoff Matrix||05:57 mins|
|9||Prof. Vijay||BCG Matrix||07:58 mins|
|10||Prof. Vijay||Business Marketing||05:15 mins|
|11||Prof. Vijay||Brand||05:11 mins|
|12||Prof. Vijay||Product Life Cycle||04:18 mins|
|13||Prof. Vijay||What Is A Price||03:09 mins|
|14||Prof. Vijay||Place||03:07 mins|
|15||Prof. Vijay||Need For Marketing Channel||02:56 mins|
|16||Prof. Vijay||Promotion||05:10 mins|
|17||Prof. Vijay||Advertising||06:26 mins|
|18||Prof. Vijay||Digital Marketing||06:47 mins|
- Workshops – The Centre for Teaching and Learning has conducted two Workshops for the faculty members to enhance their knowledge of flipped classrooms and MOOC Courses. The same is also helping them conduct flipped classroom exercise for their courses.
- Workshop on ‘How to conduct Flipped Classes’ – This workshop was organized on 5th July, 2018 by Prof Vijay Prakash Anand. This workshop was conducted to help faculty members prepare for the recording and conduct of the flipped classroom.
- Workshop on ‘MOOCs and Flipped Classes’ – This full day workshop was organized on 22nd Sept., 2018 by Prof. T. V. Prabhakar, Prof. K. T. Revathy and Prof. Neeraj Misra from IIT Kanpur.
- YouTube Live – The centre also conduct YouTube Live session for the students, alumni and professionals. Prof. Vijay Prakash Anand went Live on the topic ‘Marketing in the Digital Era’ on 22nd Aug., 2019 between 3.15pm to 4.00pm on the link: https://youtu.be/ZapBtWpsRkw.
- YouTube Channel – The centre also encourages faculty members to have their own YouTube Channel for thought leadership. Prof Vijay Prakash Anand’s YouTube Channel ‘Marketing By Vijay’ is fairly popular among students and professionals and currently has 2.60 Million Views with 58,424 plus subscribers base.
- MOOC Course on Udemy – The centre also encourages faculty members to have their MOOC courses on public platforms like Udemy. Faculties from Jaipuria has courses on Udemy in the area of Marketing named ‘Fundamentals of Marketing’ and ‘Marketing Management Masterclass’. Both these courses have more than 9,500 enrolments from all across the world.
State of the Art Video and Post Production Studio
Currently the centre has developed a state of the art Video Studio with all the necessary camera, lights and audio equipment. The centre also has a post-production set up to edit the videos in-house.
The centre employs a dedicated Video Studio In-charge – Mr Jayant Mehra, who looks after the shooting and post production under the guidance of the chair Dr. Vijay Prakash Anand.
Post Production Setup
List of Equipment
Following is the list of equipment under Centre for Teaching and Learning – Learning Technologies.
|Sl. No.||Equipment / Accessory / Software||Quantity|
|1||Canon EOS 77D 18-55 IS STM||1|
|2||Three Colour – Green Black and White Screen Photography Backdrop With Stand||1|
|3||Tripod Kit with Ball Head Monopod||1|
|4||LED Monitor (32″)||1|
|5||Logitech Wireless presenter R400 (slide changer)||1|
|6||Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone||1|
|8||Extra Battery (Canon)||1|
|9||Light Backdrop Kit||3|
|10||Boya BY-WM5 Wireless Lavalier Microphone||1|
|11||LCD Charger for AA and AAA||1|
|13||Adobe Creative Cloud for Post production||1|
List of Equipment to be added in the Academic Year 2019-20
Following is the list of equipment to be added in academic year 2019-20 under Centre for Teaching and Learning – Learning Technologies.
|Sl. No.||Equipment / Accessory / Software||Quantity|
|2||Tablet – Wacom / Ipad / Surface||1|
|4||USB Cable||10 feet|
|9||Comb, Puff, Face Compact||1|