Preparing for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) in just 15 days can be a challenging task, but with the right strategy, dedication, and hard work, you can still achieve a good score. Here are some tips that can help you prepare for CMAT in 15 days:
- Know the Exam Pattern: Before starting your preparation, it’s important to understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly. CMAT comprises four sections, namely Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Each section consists of 25 questions, and the total time for the exam is 180 minutes.
- Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weak areas and focus more on them. Make a list of topics that you find difficult and work on them first.
- Time Management: Time management is critical during the exam. Make a study plan that allocates time to each section and sticks to it. Give more time to the sections that you find difficult.
- Practice Mock Tests: Attempting mock tests is an effective way to improve your speed and accuracy. Try to attempt at least one mock test per day in the last week of preparation.
- Reading Newspapers: CMAT has a section on General Awareness. Reading newspapers and staying updated with current affairs will help you perform better in this section.
- Take Breaks: Taking regular breaks is essential for effective preparation. It helps in retaining information and keeping your mind fresh.
- Revise Regularly: Make it a point to revise the topics that you have studied regularly. The revision will help you retain the information and improve your accuracy.
- Stay Calm and Positive: Last but not least, stay calm and positive during the preparation. Don’t panic and trust your preparation.
How to revise for CMAT Exam to Score good Percentile
Revision is an essential part of CMAT preparation, and it plays a crucial role in improving your score and percentile. Here are some tips to help you revise effectively for the CMAT exam:
- Make a Revision Plan: The first step is to create a revision plan that covers all the topics that you have studied. Allocate specific time slots for each section and prioritize the topics that you find difficult.
- Focus on Your Weak Areas: While revising, focus more on your weak areas. Spend more time on the topics that you find challenging, and try to solve more questions related to those topics.
- Practice Mock Tests: Attempting mock tests is an excellent way to revise and improve your score. Practice as many mock tests as possible to identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on them.
- Analyze Your Performance: After attempting mock tests, analyze your performance carefully. Identify the areas where you made mistakes and try to avoid them in the future.
- Revise Important Formulas: CMAT has a section on Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation that involves a lot of calculations. Revise important formulas and practice solving questions related to those formulas.
- Read Current Affairs: CMAT also has a section on General Awareness that includes questions related to current affairs. Keep yourself updated with the latest news and revise important events.
- Stay Calm and Confident: Revision can be stressful, but it’s essential to stay calm and confident during this phase. Avoid studying for long hours at a stretch and take breaks in between to relax and rejuvenate.
How important are Current Affairs for CMAT?
Current affairs are a vital part of the General Awareness section in the CMAT exam. This section assesses your knowledge of the latest happenings in the fields of politics, economics, sports, business, and other areas. It tests your ability to keep yourself updated with the latest news and events, which is an essential skill for management professionals.
Having good knowledge of current affairs can help you score well in the General Awareness section and boost your overall percentile. The questions in this section are usually straightforward, and if you have been following the news regularly, you can easily answer them.
To prepare for the current affairs section of CMAT, you can follow the below-mentioned sources:
- Newspapers: Reading newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, and Business Standard regularly is one of the best ways to keep yourself updated with the latest news and events. Focus on national and international news, business, and sports sections.
- Magazines: Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan, Competition Success Review, and General Knowledge Today are excellent sources of current affairs. These magazines provide a comprehensive analysis of current events
Online Resources to Prepare GK for CMAT
There are various online resources available to help you prepare for the General Awareness section of CMAT. Here are a few suggestions:
- GK Today: This website provides daily current affairs updates, static GK topics, and quizzes to test your knowledge. It covers national and international news and events, making it a comprehensive resource for CMAT preparation.
- Jagran Josh: Jagran Josh is a popular education portal that provides news and information related to various competitive exams, including CMAT. It offers daily current affairs updates, GK quizzes, and study material for the General Awareness section.
- Affairs Cloud: This website provides the latest current affairs updates, including news, events, and awards. It also offers quizzes, capsule notes, and study material for the General Awareness section.
- GK Today YouTube Channel: The GKToday YouTube channel provides video lectures on current affairs and static GK topics. The channel has a comprehensive playlist dedicated to CMAT preparation.
- Current Affairs App: There are various mobile apps available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store that provide daily current affairs updates, quizzes, and study material for CMAT preparation. Some popular apps include Current Affairs 2022/23, Daily Current Affairs & GK App, and GK 2022/23: General Knowledge & Current Affairs App.
These online resources can help you prepare for the General Awareness section of CMAT and enhance your knowledge of current affairs. You can choose the ones that suit your learning style and preference and make the most of them.
The key to success in the CMAT exam is consistent and focused preparation. With these tips, you can prepare well for the exam in just 15 days. Good luck!
CMAT 2023 Important Dates
The CMAT registration process is open from December 2022. The CMAT exam 2023 important dates and details are as under:
Last Date to Apply – March 6, 2023
Last date to download the CMAT Admit Card – March 26, 2023
CMAT Exam Date – March 26, 2023 (Expected)
Result Date – April 7, 2023
If you looking for MBA admission to one of the top B-School in India, then applications are open for PGDM/MBA 2023 batch at Jaipuria Institute of Management.
To learn more about the Jaipuria Institute of Management’s PGDM programs, click here.