Most of the top MBA colleges in India have started taking applications for MBA 2022-24 programs. If you are also amongst the MBA 2022 aspirants and have devoted hours of practice for management entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc, then this is the time to taste the fruits of success. It is time to get into the management institute of your choice, and the one which benefits you the most in all regards. Having said that, with so many alternatives, it becomes quite difficult for MBA aspirants to choose from the available colleges. Making a choice becomes even harder, especially when you get a call from more than one college you dreamt of.
Here, we will guide you on how to choose an MBA college that is the best choice for you.
The choices we make today will shape the tomorrow
Yes, that’s the obvious truth. With over 5000 management colleges in India, most MBA aspirants focus on the top 100. This makes the competition quite high.
Remember, the choices we make define our future, hence, it becomes imperative to make the right decisions, at the right time. For instance, If you have got a good percentile in CAT, but you missed the chance to apply at the top colleges, all your efforts, hard work, and the scorecard will go in vain.
Shortlist MBA Colleges
Make a list of the best MBA colleges based on your area of interest, ranking, MBA program fees, placements, and other essential factors. In this blog, we will guide you on how to choose the best MBA colleges based on specializations, rankings, fees, and other factors.
Tip: Start Applying
Start applying at those MBA colleges. Filling in the application form is the first step of the admissions process. You need to keep a note of important dates. An important tip is to keep on regularly checking the notifications on the website of the colleges shortlisted by you in order to ensure that you don’t miss a chance. Take the application process seriously and pay utmost attention to every detail related to it.
The Question of Millenia:
The biggest question is how to choose the college which is best for you?, Which colleges should you apply to?, and what parameters are essential for you to know before taking admission in MBA to any management college?
Here is the answer to these questions in the simplest form:
- Rankings and Accreditations: Always check the college’s ranking before applying. The most authentic ranking so far is the prestigious NIRF ranking. Accreditations give authenticity to the college. Check for AIU recognition, NBA and NAAC rankings, and AICTE accreditation.
- Placements: The most important aspect, checking the placements of that college. See the median salary, highest salary, recruiter details, etc.
- Program Fee: It is the third most important factor as it tells how much burden will it put on your/your parents’ pockets.
- Specializations offered: If you are confident about the domain you would like to go to, then you need to be extra careful while picking colleges. You should choose the ones which are doing great in the domain of your interest. For example, if you want to do an MBA or PGDM in Marketing, then you should research the best MBA colleges for marketing. Going to the best MBA college for Finance may not give you the desired fruits.
- Location: This is another important factor. You may either pick a good MBA college nearby to your hometown, or you may choose the one surrounded by the corporate hub. Making a choice here is your call but should be done wisely.
- Exams Accepted & their Cut Off: Check your eligibility first. If you are eligible to apply, understand the complete admissions process of the colleges shortlisted by you. Carefully go through the step-by-step admissions process.
- Extracurricular activities & Guest Sessions: Explore the social media pages of the colleges shortlisted, check what kind of activities are going on in that college. This factor is important as it provides overall grooming to the management students.
- Infrastructure & Facilities: It helps in the learning process.